Lemon poppy seed hand scrub

First, let me say thanks to HollyHox for inspiring me!  She always has such great ideas.  So yeah, I was a copy cat on this one only hers was lavender and I didn't have any of that.  Still it's so fabulous, I had to share it with you.  And in the dead of winter, who doesn't need a good hand scrub?  So...get to the pantry girl!  Let's make some.

Lemon Poppy Seed Hand Scrub

1 cup olive oil
2 1/2 cups sugar
juice of 2 lemons
1 teaspoon poppy seeds
That's it.

Mix it up.

Put it in a pretty jar.

And kiss those dry hands goodbye.


Head on over to Holly's for the Lavender Scrub recipe.

Comments

  1. My poor paws could use something like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty simple! I might have to buy some poppy seeds now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I wonder how long it will keep?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow!
    My hands really need this and it sounds super easy to make.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh Kim-this is great. I love hand scrubs and have never thought of making my own. This would make great gifts for girlfriends and even manly farmers who need to soften :) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummo! that sounds like a pie I would want to make, lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kim...how delicious will that smell with lemons and olive oil...like summer...fresh and fruity!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing! I have to try this. I love that it is home made. I really don't like buying store things like this! Thanks again.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bet it is good on a salad too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've added this to my weekend projects. My hands definitely need some love in this cold weather.

    Stop by and enter my latest cookbook giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had to stop back and let you know that I made a batch this morning and I love it.
    A few days of using that and my hands should be good as new.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is lovely! A friend once shared something like this with me, but I didn't know the amounts of the ingredients - I really needed this! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. yay for soft hands! I love the pretty jar you used!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh that sounds great! My hands are SO dry after washing bottles all the time and other toddler things. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So what do you think of that?